Sunday 3 March 2013

Dinner at The House of Robert Timms

Ok, so this dine in at The House of Robert Timms was very random. I guess dining out for me is really random - when I feel hungry and whatever restaurant I set my eyes into - that's it, we eat there!

This restaurant is located along Orchard Road. I really didn't know anything about it - which is kind of a good thing - from the outside, it's look as if they only serve coffee. When we checked out the menu, I saw steak, mains, salad etc. so we went in. It's good that there was not a lot of people so you can talk non-stop. The ambience was nice and the mood was just right.





Then we learned that they serve Australian dishes. Kangaroo and crocodile meat are on the dishes. Wow! So of course, I am so coward and me not being so adventures with food (for now), I ordered for this : Beer battered fish and criss cut fries for SGD 19.50



I was shocked when it came because they're serving is really HUGE! I was like - uh-oh, my diet! Haha.

So me and my friend tried to eat it while we were waiting for his dish. A couple of minutes later, this came : Braised Crocodile Casserole for SGD 24.50



Of course we had to ask beforehand if it was a real crocodile meat - well, the answer is yes. The server told us that there is a crocodile farm in Singapore, so it did not really come from Australia. Like as if that will convince me to eat. But I have to admit - I want to try it - but whenever I picture a crocodile in my mind, I will be like - No no no.

Well, my friend did try it and said it's really really good. Maybe next time for me :)


 

I have to say, I was intrigued by their menu and wanted to taste the Kangaroo meat as well... So let's see!

Final word : this is a very nice restaurant especially for those who are quite adventurous. Their servings are BIG ( just like in Australia - according to the server ) and it's quite cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment